We know how important your furry friends are to you; they’re important to us, too. We’ll happily welcome cats and dogs 20 pounds or less for only $25. A pet may travel on trips of up to seven hours and certain restrictions apply.
To make a reservation for you and your pet on your next Amtrak trip, call 1-800-USA-RAIL or visit a staffed Amtrak station.
- Pet reservations can only be made with a reservation agent at 1-800-USA-RAIL or at a staffed station.
- Pet reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis, and may sell out quickly, so we strongly encourage you to make your pet reservations in advance.
- Pets are only permitted in Coach Class.
- Only one pet per passenger will be allowed, and no more than five pets are reserved per train. Service animals do not count towards this limitation.
- The pet fare is $25.00 for each travel segment.
- Pets are not permitted to travel on multi-ride tickets, Amtrak Guest Rewards redemption reservations, Thruway bus services or with unaccompanied minors.
- In the event of a service disruption, Amtrak will make reasonable efforts to seek (but cannot guarantee) pet friendly hotel accommodations, if sheltering is necessary.